2013 School Supply Drive
Kids Charity of Tampa Bay provides School Supplies for abused, abandoned and neglected children in the Tampa Bay area through our annual School Supplies Collection Drive. This community initiative brings individual and group donors together to provide foster children with the tools that they need to be successful and achieve academic success in school.
It is truly inspiring to be part of a community initiative that helped nearly 2,000 foster children receive new backpacks filled with school supplies. Over 85 volunteers helped sort and fill backpacks providing over 340 hours’ worth of service. We had a total of 55 local organizations that served as collection sites which included 14 Tijuana Flats Locations.
Backpacks and supplies were donated to the following agencies: A Kid's Place, Eckerd Community Alternatives, Camelot Care/Independent Living – Hillsborough County, Camelot Care/Independent Living – Pinellas/Pasco Counties, Guardian Ad Litem of Hillsborough County, Sylvia Thomas Center and United Urban Outreach.
Thank you to everyone who donated supplies, gave monetary donations, conducted drives, picked up donations or donated their valued time to help sort, assemble and distribute donations.
Without all of you, our School Supply Drive would not have been the success it was!
Thank you for making a difference in the lives of foster children in our community
FACTS ABOUT CHILDREN IN FOSTER CARE
- 5,327 - the number of children in foster care in the Tampa Bay Area.
- 70% of these children are in Pre-K through High School
- A $50 donation will provide a foster child with a new backpack filled with school supplies for the new year. We buy in bulk so your tax deductable gift can help more children. Make a Donation
“HOW CAN YOU HELP?”
- Make a DONATION and Kids Charity will purchase the supplies needed most for our foster children.
- HOST a School Supplies Drive for your company or social group.
- PURCHASE New School Supplies and bring them to one of our Drop-off locations listed below.
- VOLUNTEER to help sort supplies and assemble backpacks for foster children the week of Aug 5th - 9th.
Don’t have time to shop? Make a donation below or send us a check and Kids Charity will purchase supplies needed most for our foster children. We buy in bulk so your tax deductable gift can help more children.
Your $50 donation can provide a foster child with a new backpack filled with school supplies for the new year.
Checks may be mailed to:
Kids Charity of Tampa Bay, Inc.
PO Box 26033
Tampa, FL 33623
For more information or to host a collection please email us at email@example.com or call 813-843-1833