2014 School Supply Drive
July 7th - Aug 3rd
Kids Charity of Tampa Bay provides School Supplies for abused, abandoned and neglected children in the Tampa Bay area through our annual School Supplies Collection Drive. This community initiative brings individual and group donors together to provide foster children with the tools that they need to be successful and achieve academic success in school.
The start of a new school year can be a terrifying experience for children living in foster care. Ensuring children are prepared with necessary school supplies can help ease their feelings of anxiety and fear. We desperately need your help to meet this need.
In 2013 with the help of our community nearly 2,000 foster children received new backpacks filled with school supplies. Over 85 volunteers helped sort and fill backpacks providing over 340 hours’ worth of service and we had a total of 55 local organizations that served as collection sites.
Can you help us reach exceed this and help additional children this year?
You can help by hosting a collection at your office or place of business July 7th – August 3rd. We will provide collection boxes, flyers and postcards to your location(s). Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule delivery of these items. With your help we can ensure foster children start the new school year with confidence to achieve academic success.
Facts About Children in Foster Care
- 5,000+ - the number of children in foster care in the Tampa Bay Area.
- 70% of these children are in Pre-K through High School
- A $50 donation will provide a foster child with a new backpack filled with school supplies for the new year. We buy in bulk so your tax deductable gift can help more children. Make a Donation
“How Can YOU Help?”
- Make a DONATION and Kids Charity will purchase the supplies needed most for our foster children.
- HOST a School Supplies Drive for your company or social group.
- PURCHASE New School Supplies and bring them to one of our Drop-off locations. Please click here for drop off locations.
- VOLUNTEER to help sort supplies and assemble backpacks for foster children the week of Aug 5th - 9th.
DROP OFF LOCATION- after Aug 8th
106 S. Tampania Ave. Suite 150 Tampa, FL 33609
Your $50 donation can provide a foster child with a new backpack filled with school supplies for the new year.Don’t have time to shop? Make a donation below or send us a check and Kids Charity will purchase supplies needed most for our foster children. We buy in bulk so your tax deductable gift can help more children
Checks may be mailed to:
Kids Charity of Tampa Bay, Inc.
PO Box 26033
Tampa, FL 33623